Saturday, August 7, 2010

Kopi Roti food and drinks feature

P7157900
My first visit in Kopi Roti was in year 2005 and that was in their first branch in old NAIA airport, it was my first time to try their Kaya toast and the soft boiled eggs, after that I always think of my morning there when I was waiting for my mom to arrive home from the USA. Kopi Roti was established since 1950 in Singapore, and that's when the concept of art of enjoying coffee and toast bread, the word Kopi Roti comes from the Malay word Kopi Tiams, means coffee shop. And now after 5 years they have 18 branches in the Philippines, and here in my food feature I'm at their Greenbelt 3 branch.

check out below for our food feature and photos

P7157905

P7157889
Kopi and Milo Dinosaur
The Kopi coffee is specially prepared using the Sinagpore coffee brew tradition. I have tried this in my 1st visit years ago and the taste of it today never changes, although that brewed coffee are strong, but their Kopi has a kick when you smell the aroma of it. I like how they prepared it with a special glass mug, and much bigger than other coffee shop. The Milo Dinosaur is a mystery to me, I just learned that they used the word dinosaur in a Milo drink just to attract kids to drink Milo, great concept, but it also attract adults hehehe.

P7157890
Kaya Puff
Kaya Puff is a freshly baked pastry filled with special Kaya and with powdered sugar on top. This is very unique and can be found only in Kopi Roti, it looks big in the photo, but in reality the 1st two bites will reveal the Kaya filling inside, a little sweet and soft.

P7157892
Kaya Toast
Toasted bread with Kaya spread and butter inside. The toast is not that crunchy and the Kaya spread and butter will add sweetness taste in your toasted bread, perfect partner here is the Kopi and soft boiled eggs.

P7157894
French Toast
Ordinary french toast but added with Kaya spread under the butter. You can customize your eating style here, either dip the bread in your soft boiled eggs or add the Kaya spread and butter on it. I love French Toast, so I'm going to add this to my list of favorite.

P7157896
Soft boiled eggs
Two eggs were carefully perfected to be soft boiled and added with a special soya sauce and white pepper. I got culture shock 5 years ago when I tried it, because its my first time to see an egg with soy sauce on it. But the special soya sauce is the one who makes it more yummy. Perfect match with your French Toast and Kopi.

P7157897
Kopi Bun
Here's the special bun of Kopi Roti, soft bread with coffee flavored crust and a sweet butter filling inside the bun. Best to eat it when it is freshly baked and hot.

P7157907
Siomai
they added some dimsum in their menu, I think that some people love to eat dimsum like the siomai, but it is my first time to see a dimsum meal in cafe.

Kopi Roti stays here for almost 5 years already and with their expansion, they added more food and unique meals for their customers, and then last month, they already launched their delivery services to your home or offices, Kopi Roti delivery service is the first ever cafe to have its own delivery service.

add them in Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kopi-Roti/67155430945?v=wall&ref=search

Visit Kopi Roti in their branches at

Tomas Morato
Katipunan Avenue
Antonio Mansion, Banawe, Quezon City
3rd Level, Greenbelt 3, Makati
The Columns, Ayala Avenue, Makati
Adriatico, Malate
South Parking, SM Mall of Asia
NAIA Terminal 1
NAIA Terminal 3
Pergola, BF Homes, Paranaque
Pallocan West, Batangas
The Gallery, Mabolo, Cebu
Mandurriao, Iloilo
Jacinto Extension, Davao
Magsaysay Avenue, Naga